Over the past year we have had the opportunity to reflect a lot on our work and on ourselves as photographers, and the many answers we have given ourselves have helped us to move forward.
Personally, as a couple, nothing has changed, we have always been together 24/7.
We started photographing weddings 9 years ago. Right from the start we believed in our project and in our way of seeing wedding photography. Photography is made up of emotions and moments, those real moments that make us excited every time we see them in front of the lens.
We have always thought that it doesn’t pay to want to do everything and that we need to specialise in order to be able to give our best. And we are more than convinced of this.
We have studied, studied a lot to know how to tell a story well, to know how to tell it emotionally, to know how to tell it with the mind and with the heart.
Making reportage, or rather, having a photojournalistic approach, is the basis of our photography.
It has been a long journey, influenced by our human “baggage” and which has also made us know ourselves in depth.
It was by thinking about where we started and looking at all the achievements year after year that we felt strong, proud and motivated.
We’ve covered all the moments since we started in the global wedding photographer rankings in 2016. The first big achievement was the Fearless Top 10, a fourth place finish that left us speechless.
We never stopped from here.
It fills our hearts with joy to see that from 2016 to today we are always present in the world rankings, this gives us the motivation and gratifies us by repaying for all the sacrifices made. Seeing our names, year after year, in these rankings, in Italy and around the world, makes us understand that we are doing something right.
And then over the years there have also been the many requests to participate in national and international conferences; to be judges in photo competitions to evaluate the work of many colleagues around the world, to do workshops, one to one sessions and to be ambassadors for DreambooksPro, the best album supplier in the world 🙂
But what are all these awards? Where do all these award-winning photos come from?
It’s true, there are a lot of associations that include wedding photographers from all over the world and we always like to give this example…
Do you follow boxing?
These are the boxing associations: WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF and each has its own ranking.
Every winner of one of the associations is the undisputed champion, especially if he or she remains so year after year.
Does seeing our names – Donatella Barbera & Damiano Salvadori – on different charts and in different positions create confusion for those not in the industry?
But when, in just one year, you manage to win 1st place in the international association Inspiration Photographers, be in the Top 10 in Masters of Italian Wedding Photography, in the Top 20 internationally in Wedding Photography Select, in the top 25 in the International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers and finalists in the international ranking of MyWed, it is something worth saying 😉
At least that’s what we told ourselves 🙂 and that’s why we are confident and believe in our work and perseverance that has brought us this far.
We are happy that the journey over the years has brought us both the results we have today!
P.S. Thank you Dreambookspro for choosing us as ambassadors for your beautiful albums!
Below is a list of the prizes won to date, the conferences held, the associations that have called us to judge their contests and all the mentions received.
- MORE THAN 300 AWARD-WINNING PHOTOS by the most important national and international associations.
- 1° PLACE IN ITALY PHOTOGRAPHERS KEEPING IT REAL 2021
- 1° PLACE WORLDWIDE FINE ART ASSOCIATION 2021
- 1° PLACE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHER MOST AWARDED OF THE YEAR – GOLDEN LENS – INSPIRATION PHOTOGRAPHERS 2020
- 3° PLACE IN ITALY MASTERS OF ITALIAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY 2020
- TOP 20 WORLDWIDE WPS 2020
- TOP 25 WORLDWIDE ISPWP 2020
- 1° PLACE WORLDWIDE REVELATION PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR – GOLDEN LENS – INSPIRATION PHOTOGRAPHERS 2019
- TOP 10 IN ITALY MASTERS OF ITALIAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY 2019
- TOP 20 WORLDWIDE WPS 2019
- 2° PLACE IN ITALY ALBUM OF THE YEAR ANFM 2018
- 2° PLACE IN ITALY MASTERS OF ITALIAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY 2018
- 2° PLACE WORLDWIDE 12 THE STORY AWARD
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE WPS 2018
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE MYWED 2018
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE ISPWP SPRING 2018
- TOP WORLDWIDE FEARLESS PHOTOGRAPHERS 2018
- 3° PLACE WORLDWIDE ‘WEDDING ALBUM’ WPPI 2018
- 1° PLACE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR WPS 2017
- TOP 3 IN ITALY MASTERS OF ITALIAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY 2017
- TOP WORLDWIDE FEARLESS PHOTOGRAPHERS 2017
- TOP 25 WORLDWIDE AGWPJA 2017
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE AGWPJA 2016
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE ISPWP FALL 2016
- TOP 20 WORLDWIDE ISPWP SUMMER 2016
- TOP 20 WORLDWIDE WPS 2016
- TOP 10 IN ITALY MASTERS OF ITALIAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY 2016
- TOP 10 WORLDWIDE FEARLESS PHOTOGRAPHERS 2016
Conferences & Workshops
FDF – Seville – November 2017
MyWed – Belarius – August 2018
Hochzeitsgipfel – Swiss – February 2019
Rise Up! – France – November 2019
FC Academy – Italy – February 2020
ANFM in Tour – Italy – February 2020
Master Of Wedding Photography
WPS – Wedding Photography Select
Bride Association Brazil
Fine Art Association Brazil
Fotografi Cameramani Romania
This is Reportage
La Union Awards
Fotografos de Boda
Maharani Weddings USA – Best Indian Wedding 2017
Collection Pan-Arab Luxury Magazine
GWM – Gay Weddings & Marriage Magazine
How He Asked – by The Knot
Black Bride Magazine
Huston Lifestyle and Homes
Si Quiero Islas Canarias
High Noon Entertainment TV
Love My Dress
Smashing The Glass